Sarasota County Butterfly Club (SCBC)
- All regular programs meet at the Sarasota Garden Club, 1131 Blvd. of the Arts, Sarasota, FL 34243
- Programs start promptly at 9:30 AM unless otherwise specified. Doors open at 9 AM. Programs are open to the public unless otherwise stated; guest fees $5; the guest fee will be credited toward membership if you join that day.
- All Field Trips are free for members. There is a $5.00 fee payable at time of field trip for non-members. Wear closed-toe shoes and bring water, sunscreen, bug spray, binoculars (optional). Updates regarding weather impact and/or cancellations will be sent by email to members
- ** NOTE: Change of date from our regular fourth Thursday program dates
Friday mornings 9 AM – Come and get your hands dirty! Our public garden, the “Catherine and Richard LaBrie Butterfly Garden” at the Sarasota Garden Club, needs your help – whatever you can do is appreciated.
- September 23, 2021: Cancelled
- October 28, 2021: Cancelled
- **November 18, 2021: Scott Anderson presents Butterflies of Sarasota County. Scott will discuss how his Sarasota Butterfly Club 2020 Challenge project turned into a 300-mile walk, all in Sarasota County, and publication of a book on his findings. Expect lots of pictures!
- **January 12th, 2022, Wednesday, 4: 30 pm – 7:30 pm, First Meeting 2022: Potluck and Super Raffle. Open to SCBC members and invited guests only.
- February 24, 2022: Susan Morris-Huse and Barbara Rothman will present Butterfly Basics: a discussion of fun, interesting, and (maybe) bizarre butterfly facts
- March 24, 2022: Gardening in the Time of COVID, or how our members used their butterfly gardens during a time of quarantine; Plant swap.
- April 21. 2022 Members’ Home Garden Tour
- May 26, 2022, 10:30 am, Annual Members’ Meeting and Potluck
- September 18, 2021 (Saturday) 9:30 am: Lemon Bay Park, Englewood, FL – looking for Statira Sulphurs, Mangrove Skippers, and Buckeyes
- October 13, 2021 (Wednesday) 9:30 am: Red Bug Slough, Sarasota, FL – looking for Spicebush and Giant Swallowtails, Brazilian Skippers
- November 13, 2021 (Saturday) 9:30am: Celery Fields, Sarasota, FL – looking for Mallow Scrub Hairstreaks
- March 2022 – tba
- April 2022 – tba
- May 2022 – tba
NABA Butterfly Park – National Butterfly Center -Mission Texas